Saturday, May 10, 2014

Take Your Time

"I delight in your decrees, I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119:16

To get the message of God to you every time you read a portion of His Word, start by praying to God for wisdom and discernment.  Do not rush it...take your time.  The key is to read with a listening ear.

Instead of Bible reading, refer to it as a special meeting with God. As you pray to get to focus, listen with your heart.  Give enough time to read and study what God had to say to you.

Ask this questions:
What portion of my life does His Word refer to?
Am I connected to myself enough to know and understand?

Give yourself more time to reflect on your current life and how he is speaking to you today.
It may refer to an existing concern, a future event or even a past event that has been robbing you of your peace.

Lift your heart to God and He will be with you through it all. Take your time.

Reflect. Relax. Renew.

No comments:

Post a Comment