Friday, June 20, 2014

You Don't Have to Fit In

I know you want to be accepted by others, but you were not made to fit in.

You were made to stand out!

I want you to know that you can put on your crown at any time and 
let people know that you belong to Me.

...and through you I will do abundantly more than you would ever dare to dream.
Remember, it's your choices that will pave your path to life. 
I will not force you to do anything.
I have given you free will to walk with Me or walk away from Me.
Not to draw attention to yourself, but to live the kind of life that leads others to Me.


***

Lord, it's been a pleasure to be noticed not for what I am but for who I am because of You.
Continue to send forth your spirit to guide me everyday 
and keep reminding me that it is not about me...but it is about You!
May humility allow me to let others see You in everything that I do.
As I trust you with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding,
let my strength come from the truth that You won't give me what I can't bear.
Take me to wherever, however and whatever you want me to...I am your servant.
Make me an instrument of your love and peace in this fast and busy world.
That with your great love, we can let others see the light that shines forth from heaven.
Let me stand out and let each one of your child see You through me.  

As I continue to pray...
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You, 
my Lord and my God!




Excerpt from my reflections/personal retreat 
8 May 2012, 5:30pm DWS Tagaytay City
His Princess Warrior by Sheri Rose Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment